Certification for personal trainers…how important is it for your trainer to have certification rather than having a trainer who does not have certification? As a certified personal trainer, I can tell you that it’s exceptionally important and here’s why…
Certification For Personal Trainers: How Important is Certification?
Before I begin, you may think that I’m pushing the benefits of a certified personal trainer because I am a certified personal trainer, but the truth is that I haven’t always been. You see before I became a personal trainer, I competed with a number of my own health struggles. Yes, I became a certified personal trainer because I was seeking my own path to holistic health and along the way, I decided that I wanted other people to benefit from all that I was discovering along my journey.
Like most people, I thought I knew what it took to be healthy – a good diet and exercise…and this is exactly what uncertified personal trainers would have you believe too. I’m here to tell you that there is actually quite a bit more to it than that. For example, what is “a good diet” and is your good diet the same as someone else’s? What if you are struggling with a health condition? How can you battle that condition and still try to live a holistic, healthy lifestyle?
I KNOW that one path to a healthy lifestyle is not (nor will it ever be) the same for everyone. This is one of the biggest reasons why you should always make sure that your trainer has formal education and licensure as a personal trainer. Think about it this way…
If you went to the doctor for a broken leg would you go to an orthopedist or would you go to someone who likes to learn about the human skeleton in their spare time and who has healthy bones themselves… I know, it sounds odd, but the principle is the same. You wouldn’t trust your health to someone who doesn’t have the knowledge and training to know what they are doing, and personal training is no different.
So, What Are My Qualifications?
I know that by now, you have to be wondering about my qualifications. So here’s what you need to know…
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
The Institute For Integrative Nutrition NY.
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, Raw, Vegan, Macrobiotics and everything in between.
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestled, Ph.D., MPH, professor at New York Univerity’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
Looking For a Personal Trainer Who is Properly Certified?
If you are looking for a personal trainer who has the proper certification for personal trainers and you live in or around Dunedin, I’d love to offer you three sessions with me for just $99. This will give us the chance to get to know each other a little bit and make sure that we are well suited to working together! After all, I want you to be comfortable, happy, and healthy!